This page is Dan's attempt to keep everyone "in the loop" with day to day updates on Margie and Kimmy. I hope it is helpful for all of you. Please leave comments and thoughts of encouragement and send this page on to family and friends who care and can be praying.

Thursday, June 29, 2006

Late Week Update

Hi everybody! I got some good updates from Mom and Becky yesterday. Since no beds have opened up anywhere Mom will stay at Sparrow until Friday. On Friday a bed is opening up at the Medical Care Facility and she will get moved there. This is an answer to prayer - only one move and to the place she wants and needs to be.

Kim has had a busy week with therapy sessions and Dr's appointments. Becky said her physical therapist is pleased with her progress and she only needs to see her once a week for now. The occupational and speech therapists are doing some testing right now to determine the areas they need to focus on with Kim to get her back in top form - after that they will also be once a week appointments.

I am in an airport right now on my way to Orlando for work and Deb is off today to visit with her family for a few days. We'd appreciate you all checking in with Mom & Dad and Becky & Kirk to see how they're doing. I'll be touching base by phone and I'll do my best to get any new info up here for everyone.

Thanks for your continued prayers and help. One thing this experience has taught me is how important we are to each other and how much the little acts of kindness matter.

Keep Praying

Dan

2 Comments:

Anonymous Anonymous said...

Margie,

Hi! I've thought of you and prayed for you so much this past week. While I was working on the wedding flowers, I had a lot of time I was by myself, which was good, but it did bring back memories of my alone-time at Hurley and brought back thoughts of you and Ron and how you are doing. With each of these thoughts brought a prayer for healing and a prayer for patience as you go through this experience.

The wedding went well. It was a wild experience to purchase the flowers and take them with me. It was alot of fun but also very tiring. The most emotional thing for me was as I went back into the church as I still needed to change my clothes to go in and sit down for the wedding itself, A train went through Parkersburg, and blew my doors off emotionally. I couldn't stop crying. We got into the church, and the wedding started, and another train went through. Here we go again. But once I got settled down, the rest of the ceremony I do remember and it was beautiful. The people there were wonderful to work with and the kitchen crew did a super job with the food. I switched hats just before the wedding started and moved over to the kitchen and helped there. It was good to find out more about our Charlotte people that went to serve Robin and Becky. I'm at Brenda's now and we are on our way out the door to shop.

My continued prayers for you and will see you sometime this week.

Love,

Dotti

9:20 AM

 
Anonymous Anonymous said...

Dan
My Mom and i went to see your mom in the New place and she was doing WONDERFUL...We all had a nice visit. (we skipped Church to spend some time with her) Don't tell. She has a nice room and a nice window. She was in good spirits and was getting along really good by herself. Then we took dinner to Becky and family toight and theres Kimmy with her big smile and was scrapbooking(Yeah another scrap-booker). They all seem to be doing good too. Praise God !!!!!!
Hope you are doing good in Orlando . Tell Mickey Hello.

Kerri
aka Auntie Kerri

6:21 PM

 

Post a Comment

<< Home

 
FREE hit counter and Internet traffic statistics from freestats.com